The Helmet Assisted Radar Detection System V, H.A.R.D., is a wireless system invented by Legal Speeding for motorcyclists needing to know when their radar detector is alerting them of a radar threat. The H.A.R.D. System V provides an immediate visual alert: a flashing LED light inside the helmet illuminated within your field of vision allowing immediate recognition of a radar threat.
The H.A.R.D. System V is made up of two components: atransmitter and a receiver. The transmitter has a six-inch power cord with a male RJ11 jack on the end. This cord plugs into the female RJ11 power jack located on the radar detector. These male and female RJ11 jacks look like those used on telephone systems. The H.A.R.D. System V transmitter has a female RJ11 jack that the detector power cord plugs into. A green light on the transmitter indicates when it is sending a signal to the receiver. Total installation time for the transmitter is less than 10 seconds as it simply plugs ‘in-line’ with the existing detector wiring.
The receiver is a miniature, battery operated device that can be attached to the outside of the helmet. Just like a cell phone, thereceiver has an on / off switch to maximize battery life. The receiver has a cord with the red LED warning light located at the end. This allows the small red LED warning light to be placed any where inside your peripheral vision. We refer to the red LED warning light as the ‘business end' of thereceiver.
- Auto off – the H.A.R.D. System V receiver will shut itself off automatically after a set amount of time (four hours of use).Before shutting itself down, the receiver will flash to notify rider of shut down.If the rider wants to keep the receiver on, simply touch the on / off switch and the four hour timer starts over.
- Low Battery Warning - The H.A.R.D. System V notifies the rider of a low power source situation via a flash pattern. No longer is there a worry about having a dead battery during a radar threat.
- Weather Proof – the H.A.R.D. System V has a waterproof design. Both the receiver and transmitter are designed to operate in adverse conditions.
- Standard Battery – the H.A.R.D. System V utilizes a standard, off the shelf battery that provides a cost effective power source.
- Compatible with the Leading Radar Detectors – The H.A.R.D. System V is compatible with radar detectors from Adaptive, Beltronics, Escort, and Valentine.
- Plug-n-Play Design – the H.A.R.D. System V keeps the simple plug-n-play design that has made it so popular over the years.