Don't Get Caught Members >
DGC News August 2014
DGC News August 2014
Jul 31, 2014
Dear DGC Members,
Invest your tax refund wisely! Don't give your tax refund back to the government, buy one of our radar/laser defense systems today, save yourself fines, points and frustration!
This month we have an article on the recent unveiling of a new Fixed Laser Speed Camera and what it can do, along with features on the ALPriority Laser Defence System, Tramigo T23 GPS Vehicle Tracker and the New Passport Max Digital Radar Detector. Scroll down to have a look and more information can be found by following the links.
The DGC Team
What’s On Our Radar?
8500 WA Drivers On The Brink
FIXED speed cameras in Perth are not switched on all the time because the big number of fines they issue creates a problem for police.
Police minister Liza Harvey made the comment today while unveiling a fifth fixed speed camera for the city, located between the Farrington Road on-ramp and the South Street off-ramp.
When asked why the five fixed cameras weren't operational all the time, Ms Harvey said the number of infringements issued “created a problem” for the police department.
“It does create a large volume of infringements that need to be processed which
created a problem,” she said. “We want to give drivers a chance at remaining compliant and rotate the cameras around with that element of surprise and people not quite
understanding when they are there we find that we get improvements in driver compliance,” she said. “We get a very good effect on driver behavior with the current system that we have in place.”
Ms Harvey said the current system would only be changed with sufficient evidence from other trials. “There’s a range of different things that we could do but we find that the system that we have in place is getting the desired outcome,” she said.
The new fixed camera is the state’s first fixed camera which can record both the front and back number plates, which Ms Harvey says will help catch motorcyclists breaking the law. “Interestingly during the test period with this fixed location, police are already investigating six hoon drivers who were caught driving between 146km/h and 178km/h on the freeway just outside this hospital development,” she said. “So very serious offending indeed. And we know from previous mobile deployments at this site that we’re getting about 18 per cent of non-compliance with the speed limit, which isn't good enough. This site is a site of high non-compliance. “We rotate the cameras through the different locations at Stirling, Innaloo, Kwinana Freeway south, this one and then one on Roe Highway.”
Shadow police minister Michelle Roberts said Ms Harvey was “not interested” in tackling the harder road safety issues. “I would like to see the Road Safety Minister launching initiatives to help road safety, not fundraisers,” Ms Roberts said. “We have never seen a lesser police presence on our roads, yet these cameras will raise millions of dollars for the Government.”
The ALPriority: The Best Laser Defence Out There!
- Innovative Laser Defence system protects your vehicle for 3-9 seconds giving you time to slow down
- User friendly firmware upgrades and set-up available via USB flash drive
- 1 to 5 sensor connection with front and rear sensor discrimination
- Laser cruise-control filtering sensor for factory LCC equipped cars
- Compatibility with many third party devices (radar, GPS antennas)
- Advanced self-test function detects disconnection or malfunction
- Fully effective from 10V to 17V power supply
Tramigo T23 Vehicle Tracker: GPS Vehicle Security!
- Live Vehicle Tracking via SMS notification or iOS/Android App
- Instant notification via SMS direct to your mobile device in case of theft
- Ignition/engine disable via SMS.
- User friendly location directory that makes hard to read GPS coordinates readily understandable
- Speed and zone limits to check on kids, driver or other people using your car
- Free, easy to use mobile software in your language
- No monthly fee payments or contracts – your only cost to use is the normal price of SMS sent
The New Escort Passport Max: HD Radar Performance!
The all-new Passport MAX, the first and only detector with High Definition (HD) Radar Performance, delivers breakthrough radar performance like no other. The first of its kind to make the switch from analog to digital operation, it covers all radar and laser bands and enables you to drive worry-free. The Passport MAX is the best radar detector. Its refined styling is subtle, yet strong. Its performance is stunning, yet smart and intelligent. Together the Passport MAX raises the bar once again.
- Fastest Response Ever
- Longer Range
- Remarkable accuracy with DSP technology
- Automatically eliminates false alerts
- Australian Fixed Speed Camera & Red Light Camera Database
- New Multi-Color OLED Display
- Crystal-Clear Voice Alerts
*Recommended for Western Australia Users Only*
© Copyright DontGetCaught 2019
ABN: 87 528 875 816